Sunday, March 19, 2006

I would say I play safe more...

As per title, I would say that I play safe much more than I play it risky. Somehow the appeal of winning big with low chances versus winning little with a surer chance doesnt charm me at all. Sure, sometimes when gung-ho overcomes the "better judgement" of mine, why not? I dont mind smashing half of my winnings to go at the big one if I feel confident.

Its not easy to be confident I have to say. Life is like a spectrum most of the time. Most of the people you meet are not like what you think. There isnt a good and bad in life, and even if there was it would be minimal (think Maths and the bell shaped distribution in this case). In the end its up all of us in the "grey" region.

With relation to the above analogy, it can be said that you can be either totally lacking in confidence, in the "middle", or overconfident. In this case I might categorise myself in the confident region, though not yet over- (I know how it felt to be so, and it sucked when I failed at something).

To throw everything to the wind in the hopes of winning something against improbable odds is something of folklore, romantists, and the desperate. Though sometimes people win this way, its not really something I might say applies to everyday life, since there are always better ways (and safer too). I guess the perspective must be put into the picture before it becomes clearer. What will make you take the risks? Perhaps it might be love, money, reputation (aka honour, depending on how you look at it) or even for kicks. Its unique basically.

Personally Ill sit out of the risk game :) ~ unless things become...too hot for my own good :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home